Privacy statement for FairfaxTimes.com
We currently contract with an online partner, Omniture, to help us manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. We use Omnniture's services to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site. To do this, we use Web beacons and cookies provided by Omniture on this site, and all Whip it Media, Inc. sites. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our advertisements most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. Although Omniture measures the information coming from our site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used. Through Omniture, we do not collect your private information, such as name or street address, or email address.
We may from time to time ask our readers to provide personal information for the purpose of online contests, subscription requests and renewals, event registrations and e-newsletter subscriptions. We occasionally request additional information -- such as street addresses and phone numbers -- to facilitate customer service and correct delivery problems.
We respect your right to privacy. We will not share personal information such as your name, e-mail address, street address, or email address with third parties unless you have given us permission to share that information.
We use the information you provide in the following ways:
- We make changes to your delivery information, such as address.
- We send FairfaxTimes.com e-newsletters to your e-mail address.
- We deliver announcements of new or upcoming FairfaxTimes.com events to your e-mail address.
- We may contact you to provide customer service or ask that you participate in a reader survey.
- We aggregate demographic information on an anonymous basis from our subscribers to help us improve our site and help advertisers understand our audience.