Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
E-mail this article
Leave a Comment
Print this Article

Centreville man charged with murder

Fairfax County police have identified and arrested a suspect in a homicide investigation. Sebastian Velasco Santiago, 20, of the 14400 block of Golden Oak Rd. in Centreville was charged with murder and taken to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center on May 21.

No attorney information is yet listed for Santiago in court documents.

Police said they responded to a report of an assault with a weapon in the 14400 block of Golden Oak Road at around 11 p.m. on May 17. They found a wounded man lying on the sidewalk. After calling for Fire and Rescue personnel, officers said they were notified about another possible wounded man nearby; at a home in the 14400 block of Cool Oak Lane.

Police said an investigation determined that the men knew each other and were neighborhood acquaintances. Detectives said they believe there was an altercation involving more than two men.

The deceased man was identified as Domingo Eduardo Santiago Cuchil, no fixed address, in the Centreville area. He was pronounced dead on May 18 at Inova Fairfax Hospital. The other injured man was identified only as a 31-year-old Centreville man. He suffered non life-threatening injuries and was treated and released from a local hospital.

Kingstowne restaurant fire

Fairfax County firefighters responded to a restaurant fire May 21 at approximately 2:45 a.m., in the Kingstowne area of Fairfax County. The restaurant, Macaroni Grill, is located at 5925 Kingstowne Towne Center.

Firefighters said they encountered light smoke and sounding fire alarms upon their arrival. As smoke conditions worsened, firefighters discovered fire within the duct exhaust system above the pizza oven in the kitchen area. The path of the fire had traveled through the duct work and extended into the ceiling and roof area. Despite finding it difficult to access the fire because of the extensive duct work, firefighters said they brought the fire under control in approximately 70 minutes. No one was in the restaurant when the fire broke out. The restaurant will be closed until repairs are completed. There were no injuries. Damage is estimated at $300,000. According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. Grease in the ductwork caused the fire.